Monday 17 September 2012

Today's Tea: Le Digestif

Organic Le Digestif from David's Tea


Description: The Ancient Greeks swore by peppermint to relieve stomachaches and (OK, let’s be frank) gas. The Romans used catnip. In India, they’re into fennel seed. In China, ginger has worked for 2000 years. Other traditional remedies include sweet stevia, which reduces stomach acid, and orange peel for bloating. This smooth blend has them all. Try it. It just might do the trick. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Organic: catnip, fennel seed, ginger root, peppermint, orange peel, stevia leaf, organic flavouring

(From David's Tea: Le Digestif)

Steph's Thoughts:
This is another staple in my tea cupboard. I've been drinking a lot of this. The ginger helps with stomach upsets, especially when you've had too much to eat, or when you've got the flu. The fennel adds a little bit of zip to the ginger, the peppermint adds, well, peppermint *sticky-outy-tongue face*

I really do love this tea. It was one of the first teas I bought from DT, and I've had to replace my bag twice. The last time I went, I decided, I'm just going to buy a tin.

It really does help with upset stomachs, which says a lot. Any natural remedy works in my books! Stevia is also okay with my new "eating regimen," which is always good. I've had to limit so many foods the last little while that when I'm given a thumbs up, I kinda go a bit nuts. (not TOO much, mind you.)

I like that one can drink this tea with or without sweetener. The stevia adds a HINT of sweetness, but not enough to be overpowering, and not too little to be unnoticed. AND caffeine free, YAY!

Another win, DT. Another win.

No comments:

Post a Comment