Saturday 6 October 2012

Today's Tea: Stormy Night

Hello readers! I've changed the format of my blog slightly, so now anyone can comment. Hopefully it will be all my dear and faithful readers, and not spambots.

AND NOW ON TO THE REVIEW!!!!

Organic Stormy Night from David's Tea




Description: It was three o’clock in the afternoon on a rainy Friday. David was hungry. He needed a nap, a shave, and a hot meal. What he had was a kettle, a pack of matches, and a bag of black tea. So he grabbed some ingredients and threw them in the water. Chocolate, cinnamon, coconut, vanilla – this drink was a real piece of work. He lifted his cup, took a drink and then another. It was hotter than an inferno and smoother than silk. It was good. Almost too good.


Ingredients: Organic: Black tea, chocolate, cinnamon, coconut, vanilla. With natural vanilla flavouring.

Allergens: Dairy and coconut

(From David's Tea: Organic Stormy Night)

Steph's Thoughts:

This was a really refreshing cup of tea after two weeks of lemon ginger and Cold 911.  I have been so ridiculously sick, and haven't been able to taste a whole lot of anything lately. Has made for a really grumpy Steph. BUT this tea made up for it.

I had it in the form of a latte, with 2% milk, and honey to sweeten. It tastes a little bit like gourmet hot chocolate. The only downside to this tea AT THIS MOMENT is that it's a black tea, and as such, has a "2" for caffeine rating. I'm not supposed to have a lot of caffeine right now, but I said, "Screw it." So, even though it's not the best for my body, it is SO YUMMY.

And the coconut isn't overwhelming either. I've had a lot of teas where the coconut is all you taste, and it's really very disheartening. But this is nice and subtle. Hubby even said, "huh, not bad for chocolate tea." (Hubby doesn't like chocolate tea, so from him this is an "OMG THIS IS AMAZING" in the way of chocolate teas. Mostly I get a "EWWWWW" face from him when he tries my tea.)

It really is a lovely tea. The vanilla and cinnamon add a little bit of "gourmet" to it. I would compare it to Cocoa Canela actually. It's a scaled-down, black tea version of Cocoa Canela. The flavour isn't quite as strong as CC is - the cinnamon is subtler than in CC, and there's a hint of vanilla with a little bit of Oomph.

All in all, I really do like this. I wonder how it would taste straight, rather than as a latte. Maybe I'll try it someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment