Saturday 17 November 2012

Today's Tea: Santa's Secret

Santa's Secret from DAVIDsTEA


Ingredients: Chinese black tea, peppermint leaves, candy cane sprinkles, natural and artificial flavouring.

(From David's Tea: Santa's Secret)


Steph's Thoughts:

I wanted something delightfully minty today, and Peppermint Amour just wouldn't cut it. I am reminded very much of the Mint Chocolate Rooibos that DT offers, though I haven't had that one in a long time, so my mind may be a little rusty. Even though no chocolate is listed in the ingredients, Santa`s Secret has just a hint of it. I think it tastes a little like those After Eight chocolate sticks that I tend to devour around Christmastime. I could never get enough of those things. (I`m pretty sure Santa likes them too, since there were ALWAYS After Eights missing on Christmas Eve....) Also, I am very much reminded of Peppermint Schnapps, without the overwhelming alcohol. Well, maybe not. Now that I think about it, Peppermint Schnapps tastes kind of like mouthwash (and can double as mouthwash in a pinch). This definitely doesn't.

The aftertaste is very light and refreshing. If it were summer, and I was hot, I would brew this tea, flash chill it, then dilute it with copious amounts of water to put in a spritz bottle. Or, you know, drink cold, because it`s, like I said, refreshing. But with a ZING, because - black tea!!!!

I was confused and slightly concerned about DT's description of the tea - "both energizing and remarkably soothing..." I was like
Pick one. 

(though, not quite, because I am a white chick with glasses, not Jackie Chan. Who is AWESOME. I'm just me.)

But then I drank it, and UNDERSTOOD. Because it's peppermint and it's soothing - comforting, healing, like a hug for your insides. And it's also energizing, because hello black tea. And ZING. It's a good "I need comfort but also need a bit of caffeine" kind of tea. Because peppermint is an herbal tea, it's got comforting refreshment, but not a whole lotta Good Morning! But this is a good tea to solve that problem. I am DEFINITELY awake.


1 comment:

  1. Okay, this sounds amazing. Pepperminty tea?! Want. Want muchly.

    ReplyDelete