Sunday 24 November 2013

Today's Tea: Gingerbread (again)

A few weeks ago, I posted a review of Gingerbread from DAVIDsTEA. When I posted, I thought that something was missing from the tea. I was right. In order to have a full, robust gingerbread flavour, the tea needs a little bit of molasses. I would recommend between a quarter and a half teaspoon for a full Timolino (12 oz.). I would recommend less, as I added about half a teaspoon and needed to temper mine with a little bit of milk.

The milk adds creaminess, kind of like a warm gingerbread cookie dipped in milk. It is really very yummy. And as a result of the molasses, it doesn't need extra sweetener. For those who don't know, molasses is basically refined cane sugar.

Verdict: Add a touch of molasses. You'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment