Thursday 12 June 2014

Today's Tea: Champagne Raspberry

Champagne Raspberry White from TeaLeafs


Origin: China
Ingredients: White Tea, Safflowers with Champagne flavor and Red raspberry flavors

Not listed, but assumed based on ingredients:
Caffeine: 2 (medium)
Brewing Instructions:  1.25 tsp    90°C/195°F 4-5 min, though some would steep 2-3 minutes

Steph's Thoughts:
This is another tea that I got from TeaLeafs in Williamsville, New York, just outside of Buffalo. I've said it a dozen times, and I'll say it again, GREAT tea shop. If you live in the States (particularly near Buffalo!), avail yourself of the products from this tea shop. You'll thank me. Unfortunately, they don't ship to Canada. Thank goodness my friend Bryan has agreed to be my supplier!!

I decided to steep this for 3 minutes rather than 4 or 5. I think I didn't steep it long enough, because there's not quite enough flavour. I'm always worried that oversteeping white tea can make it bitter. 

It has a wonderful fruity flavour that is nice and light. It steeps a lovely pale yellow topaz colour. It could use a little more fruit flavour, but that could be because I didn't steep it quite long enough. IT doesn't require a lot of sweetener. I didn't add any, but if you absolutely must add some, don't add TOO much because it could overpower the lightness of the tea.

Verdict: Major win, even with understeeping. So yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment