Tuesday 20 May 2014

Today's Tea: Sangria

Sangria from DAVIDsTEA



Description: Imagine the perfect summer day. Chances are it involves sunshine, a patio and a big pitcher of sangria. Seriously, summer just isn’t summer without that tasty concoction of wine and fresh fruit. And with tart hibiscus and big pieces of apple, orange and berries, this fruity, all-natural tisane tastes just like the real thing. Try brewing up a big pitcher with red wine, agave and a splash of sparkling water. Bistro table and sunny patio not included. Limited edition. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Apple, hibiscus, licorice root, sweet blackberry leaves, orange, strawberry , raspberry , natural flavouring

Caffeine: 0 (Caffeine free)

Brewing Instructions:  1.25 tsp    96°C/205°F 4-7 min

(From DAVIDsTEA: Sangria)

Steph's Thoughts:
I wanted something caffeine free for a post-workout treat. I'd initially thought I'd spoil myself with chocolate tea to kick the craving, but this was at the front of my cupboard and I thought I'd try it. It's from the new summer collection.

Please note, I've never had an actual sangria before, but it is on my list of things to try!

Dry leaf notes are very fruity, citrussy, and the blackberry comes through.

It brews a beautiful reddish-purple colour. First sip: Yup, blackberry. Also hibiscus. Which is okay, I suppose.... Still not my favourite. But what can you do.

I can imagine this would make a wonderful cup of iced tea. It's bold and citrusy, and quite refreshing. Aftertastes are subtle and fruity. I really like this tea, but not all do - my friend Megan thinks it's *nose wrinkle* not her cup of tea.

Verdict: yum. Definitely getting onto the "need this" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment