Sunday 24 August 2014

Today's Tea: Feminini-Tea

Feminini-Tea from Steeped Tea


Description: Blended for emotional stability and stress relief.

(From Steeped Tea: Wellness)

Ingredients: Apple pieces, rooibos, ginger pieces, cinnamon pieces, cardamom, fennel, juniper berries, raspberry leaves, chamomile, lady’s mantel, cloves, orange peel, St. John’s wort, black pepper, silver weed, natural flavors.

Caffeine: 0 (Caffeine free)

Brewing Instructions: 1.5 tsp    100°C/212°F    4-5 minutes



Steph's Thoughts:
I was wandering around the Morden Corn and Apple festival yesterday, and I came across a little slice of heaven. Steeped Tea consultants (Christie, Charlene and Misty)  had a booth set up, and they had a stash of tea. Well, I knew where I was spending my money! (also, it was my "lost spot" - when I got separated from my group, they knew to find me at the tea booth. Everyone finds it hilarious. Perhaps I have a bit of a problem...)

They had a wide array of flavours and types of tea, and so choosing one... okay, SEVERAL, was quite the challenge. I was intrigued by one of the wellness teas called "Feminini-Tea." The catalogue touted it as "blended for emotional stability and stress relief," which made me laugh. If that's the case, I need a truck-load of this tea. In talking with the ladies, they said that it helps with "time of the month" cramps, and one of their customers calls it her "Anti-B**** Tea" (pronounced anti-BEE tea). I'm all about any non-drug product that alleviates cramps, though to be honest, they are few and far between.

Dry leaf notes are of dried apple and raspberry leaves. When steeped, the smell of cinnamon, cloves and cardamom come through. My thought on the first sip was that it tastes like chai with a bit of fruit in.  You can taste the apple, and upon more sips, it tastes a little bit like mulled cider with a hint of orange peel.

It DOES help with the cramps, though. I could've used this 2 days ago! I feel like it helped even out my mood as well, though it could've been because TEA in general, rather than Feminini-tea.

I would recommend steeping this tea for 4-5 minutes, as it does get quite strong when steeped longer. It took me quite a while to finish it because my Timolino keeps tea quite hot, and I steeped this in boiling water.

It doesn't require any sweetener, as it is fairly sweet on its own.


Verdict: It's really yummy, and effective. Total tea-cupboard staple.

No comments:

Post a Comment