Friday 20 July 2012

Today's Tea: Coffee Pu'erh

Coffee Pu'erh from David's Tea


Description: Pu’erh has come a long way since its heyday as a tribute tea to Chinese emperors a thousand years back. It’s still got that legendary taste, but the new “cooked” varieties are really something special. Our blend helps mark this milestone by combining pu’erh with two coffee bean extracts, chocolate, caramel and almond flavour. Even your coffee-addict friends will go crazy for it.

Ingredients: Chinese cooked pu’erh tea, coffee beans, artificial and natural flavouring

(From David's Tea: Coffee Pu'erh)


Steph's Thoughts:
Now, I don't drink coffee because it makes my tummy do funky things, but coffee-tea? It is so far made of win that I can't even express it. The tea part doesn't make my tummy funky, but the coffee part gives me the caffeine I need, AND it tastes like amazing coffee without all the bitterness.

I sent some to a coffee-crazy friend of mine, and she said that it was the most amazing thing she'd had to drink in a long time.

I like the smooth flavour, and I like that I can drink this tea with or without sweetener. A second brewing may require a little bit of sugar or agave, but this is a tea that can withstand multiple brewings. This is a good thing. It tastes amazing hot, but here's the great part - it tastes amazing iced as well!

There are some teas that taste great hot, but are crap iced. Or vice versa. And I suppose it's "to each their own," since I love some teas that Teh Hubby hates, and he loves some teas that I hate. But I really do think we have a win-win tea here.

I'm so glad that I have a great tea company nearby that supports my addiction in such a great way.

No comments:

Post a Comment