Thursday 24 April 2014

Today's Tea: Cool Cucumber

Cool Cucumber from DAVIDsTEA


Description: Some things are just undeniably cool. Black leather jackets. Rock ‘n’ roll. And you can’t argue with the just the right pair of sunglasses. But in our books, there’s nothing cooler than this deliciously refreshing black tea with melon, real cucumber slices and just a hint of mint. It’s bracingly fresh, totally invigorating and surprisingly addictive. And unlike those sunglasses, it’ll never go out of style. We told you it was cool… Limited edition.


Ingredients: Black tea, honeydew melon, cucumber, sunflower petals, blue mallow blossoms, natural and artificial flavoring.

Brewing Instructions: 1.25 tsp       96°C/205°F    4-7 min

(From DAVIDsTEA: Cool Cucumber)

Steph's Thoughts:
Today's trip to DT brought several new things.

First: DT has instituted a new Frequent Steeper program. You can bet I jumped on that bandwagon as soon as I heard!

Second: I picked up the new Mother's Day tea - Hot Mama. Look for a review soon!

Third: Today's tea: Cool Cucumber. I have a bag of this from when the spring teas came out. However, I didn't think this would make a good hot tea, given the ingredients. So when it was one of the Teas of the Day at DT, I jumped at the chance to try it cold (even though today is NOT the day for iced tea)!

It has a very, very weird flavour.  I mean, cucumber and mint. What. What are you doing in my tea.
At the same time, it's actually very refreshing. I think the honeydew and the cucumber pair very nicely. It would be an awesome tea for those summer days that are sunny and hot and you just need a drink to cool off. This is EXACTLY the right tea for that sort of day. Also, for some reason, I feel like it would cool a sunburn. But it probably wouldn't. ..... I wonder if you could put tea in a bath, or whether it would cause a negative physical reaction. Either way, it's very cooling and refreshing and it makes me yearn for hot weather and sunshine, neither of which I've seen in a while. It's STUPID COLD again, and I am SO TIRED OF SNOW. (sorry. Just.... I'm SO DONE with winter, and I can't wait to have summer teas again.)

The black tea flavour comes through once you've had about 2/3 of your cup. I think it does require a bit of sweetener. It doesn't need to be TOO sweet.

Verdict: Not my favourite, but definitely good.

No comments:

Post a Comment