Monday 21 October 2013

Today's Tea: Crème Brûlée

Organic Crème Brûlée from DAVIDsTEA



Description: No one can resist this organic green rooibos tea. Seriously. The aroma is just too outrageously tempting. Creamy, caramel, decadent, rich. And the taste! How can something so sweet be so light and fresh? Plus, rooibos is caffeine free, making it the perfect drink for after dinner or before bed. Could life be more wonderful? (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: green and red rooibos, safflowers, calendula marigold. With natural flavouring.

Brewing Instructions: 1.5 tsp        98°C/208°F      4-7 min

(From DAVIDsTEA: Organic Crème Brûlée)

Steph's Thoughts:
This is a really beautiful tea to look at! I can imagine it would make beautiful tea art.
The dry leaf notes are rife with caramel.
I normally don't choose caramel, but Laura at DT was so excited about this one. Also, it's beautiful to look at, and it smells really lovely. It's what I needed on a cold day.
Never having had crème brûlée, I don't know what this tea is "supposed" to taste like. The flavour is really quite lovely, though. It's smooth and creamy without being overpowering.
It pairs very well with sweetener. It is on the sweeter side by itself, though, so I would be attentive to how much sweetener you're putting in. Too much and it's like liquid cavities. Not enough and it doesn't quite taste right.
It is definitely a rooibos, with the red leaf flavour coming through, though not overpowering the caramel.
I won't say it's my favourite, because it doesn't quite grab me the way others have. However, it is soothing and comforting!
It tastes alright both hot and iced (I had minutes from a board meeting to write and it went cold on me. Whoops), though I would recommend it hot.

Verdict: Pretty decent! If you're a caramel fan or like decadence, this is your tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment