Friday 25 April 2014

Today's Tea: Hot Mama

Hot Mama from DAVIDsTEA

Description: Really want to wow mom this Mother’s Day? Reach for this limited edition fruit and spice blend. It combines sweet apple, beet and licorice root with zingy rhubarb and spicy ginger and cinnamon. Not to mention a kick of energizing black tea. Tangy, fruity and totally addictive, this complex chai is the perfect pick-me-up, either hot or over ice. And packed with natural healers like ginger and cinnamon, it’s pretty darn healthy, to boot. Our favourite part? It brews a beautiful bright pink. Ooh mama.

Ingredients: Ginger, black tea, apple, beetroot, cinnamon, licorice root, rhubarb, natural flavouring. 

Brewing Instructions: 1.25 tsp   96°C/205°F    4-7 min


Steph's Thoughts:
I can tell you right away that this would not wow my mama. My mama doesn't like tea. My PAPA on the other hand.... he looooves chai. And Hubby loves rhubarb. I don't know how he feels about chai. *asks* "I don't like chai." OOOKAY THEN. 

I picked it up yesterday because NEW TEA MUST TRY. Also, it looked pretty. 

It definitely brews bright pink. That's the beetroot. I'm glad it's not hibiscus. I can smell the ginger right off. I think it could do with a bit less ginger, actually.

During certain sips, the apple comes through nicely. I think it could do with a bit more apple, personally. It's a lovely flavour.  

It reminds me of a slightly fruitier version of Le Digestif. 

I haven't had enough time to evaluate the "pick-me-up" factor of this. It's not that burst of energy that I get from some teas. 

I do like that it doesn't really need any sweetener. I didn't put any in, and it's fine. 

Verdict: Not bad. Not the best, but good if you're in the mood for ginger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment