Tuesday 14 July 2015

Today's Tea: Iced Tea!!

Hey teaple!

Since my last review, a LOT has happened. I am now the mother of a beautiful baby boy who is taking up all my time.

Also, it is summer, and ridiculously hot, and therefore, I have no yen to do ANYTHING.

I've been experimenting with iced tea as of late. I've made several teas that I wasn't sure about, but I've got so much tea in my cupboard that I need to start weeding out my stash.

First on the list was Melon Drop from DAVIDsTEA. Ingredients are apple, honeydew,kiwi, papaya, and watermelon. I wasn't sure about this one, as I'm normally not a watermelon or kiwi-in-my-tea person, but I had such success with Honeydew Maté, and it smelled like spring, so I couldn't resist. This tea is no longer available, as it was just a seasonal tea.
Verdict: YUM! It makes a wonderful cup of iced tea!!

Next up: White Chocolate Frost, also a DAVIDsTEA blend. Ingredients include peppermint, pink peppercorn, stevia leaf, white chocolate, and natural and artificial flavours. I thought that because of the peppermint, it would be refreshing on a hot day. It's got an okay flavour, but it's a bit... cloying. I think I need to water it down a little, and add a LITTLE touch of sweetener as unsweetened it tastes a bit funky.
Verdict: Meh.

Third: Tea My Baby, from DAVIDsTEA. Ingredients are fenugreek, fennel seed, roasted carob, and cinnamon. It's supposed to help with milk production (not that I have a problem with that, but .... you know. All in the name of science.) I found that this one tastes a lot better as an iced latte than it does plain. I like it though, as long as it's sweetened.
Verdict: Pretty decent!

All three are caffeine free.

I'm going to be reviewing a bunch more iced teas hopefully in the upcoming weeks. We'll see what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment