Monday 18 May 2015

Today's Tea: Dark Chocolate Delight

Dark Chocolate Delight from DAVIDsTEA



Description: What is it about dark chocolate? Its taste is sinfully decadent, but studies say it might actually be good for you. But wait – it gets better. Now you don’t even have to wait until dessert to get your fix. With this black tea blend, you can treat yourself anytime, anywhere. With cocoa shells, blueberries and big chunks of luscious dark chocolate, it’s a deliciously rich taste of our favourite indulgence. Welcome to the dark side…

Ingredients: Black tea, spiced dark chocolate, blueberries, cocoa shells, natural chocolate flavouring.

Caffeine: 2 (Medium caffeine)

Brewing Instructions: 1.25 tsp     96°C/205°F 4-7 min

(From DAVIDsTEA: Dark Chocolate Delight)

Steph's Thoughts:

Today was an "I need black tea" kind of day. Not because it was upsetting or anything, I just... needed black tea. Nothing was piquing my fancy until I remembered that I'd picked up a bag of this tea.

I opened it, and yep, that was what I needed. It's got a wonderfully chocolate-y aroma.

I steeped it slightly cooler than the recommended temperature, but I don't think that detracts from the taste at all. Because it is a chocolate tea, I didn't add any extra sweetener. If you really wanted to, you could, but I really don't think it needs it. It does have a hint of bitter, but it's not an "I steeped this too long" bitter, it's a decadent dark chocolate bitter. It could use a splash of milk, perhaps, to cut the bitterness. You could use cream for a richer flavour if you so chose.

This tea reminds me very much of the Dark Chocolate coated dried fruit (including blueberries) that you can get from Costco. The Hubby and I splurge on that every once in a while, and end up eating the whole bag within a few days because they are SOOOO GOOOOOD, although probably ridiculously high in calories. Now we can get the same flavour without all the calories!

I was also so caught up in savouring the cup that I let it go cold. Whoops. BUT speaking of cold, if you brew it double-strength, you can turn this into an amazing iced latte. So I've heard; I haven't actually tried it myself, but I've heard wonderful things about it from other customers at DT who were trying it while I was getting something else.

If it were possible to make tea-infused ice cream, I'd use this one, simply because it IS so decadent.

Verdict: OM NOM NOM YES PLEASE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment