Monday 4 May 2015

Saturday's Tea: White Nectarine

White Nectarine from DAVIDsTEA


Description: As far as we’re concerned, a perfectly ripe nectarine is one of the world’s most perfect tastes. And something that special deserves the royal treatment – which is why we only used the best ingredients around for this all natural blend. We took a base of sweet, mellow white Bai Mudan tea, for a fresh taste of the spring harvest. Then we added fruity apricots, herbaceous blackberry leaves and all-natural nectarine essence. The result? A fresh, juicy tea worthy of our very favourite fruit.

Ingredients: Apricot, white tea, blackberry leaves, safflowers, natural nectarine flavouring.

Allergens: Contains sulfites.

Caffeine: 1 (Low caffeine)

Brewing Instructions: 1.25 tsp    90°C/195°F 4-5 min

(From DAVIDsTEA: White Nectarine)

Steph's Thoughts:

I went to DT on Friday to spend some gift cards and get a cup of iced tea for me and Hubby. Hubby picked this one. I was reluctant, as I don't usually like peach or nectarine, but there was something about the smell that intrigued me, and hit just the right note that I was craving (but didn't know how to express).


I was so caught up in drinking and savouring it that I forgot to write a review, so when I was at the mall on Saturday picking up groceries, I stopped by DT and got myself another one! It's definitely worth having a few times!

I find it light and fruity, with a slightly floral taste. The floral taste is not overwhelming, however. It's the perfect refreshing tea on a hot day. I can imagine that in the dead of winter, this would bring the promise of spring.

It steeps a lovely bright yellow colour, which brings so much cheer.

I find that this is one tea that has a better flavour when steeped longer. It allows the flavour of the nectarine to come through much better than if it's short steeped. I might caution against oversteeping, however, as this might lead to bitter tea.

While this tea is sweet on its own, sweetener doesn't detract from the flavour. I like my iced teas on the sweeter side, while Hubby likes his on the more natural side, so I tend to add sweetener. His comment on the tea "au naturel" is that it's "perfect." So.... it's your preference, I suppose.

All in all, this was the perfect tea for the day! A cup full of the promise of summer.

Verdict: Win. Definitely awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment