Monday 20 August 2012

Today's Tea: Cold 911

Organic Cold 911 from David's Tea


Description: Bad colds require badass interventions. Take this tea, for example. It’s a deliciously soothing mix of peppermint, juniper berries and orange peel. Pretty badass, right? If that’s not extreme enough for you, you could try eating raw garlic, or gargling salt water, or inhaling lots of steam. Yeah...we didn’t think so. Probably better just to stick to the tea. With its soothing citrus and mint aroma we can’t guarantee miracle results, but at least we can guarantee it tastes great.

Ingredients: Organic peppermint, organic juniper berries, organic orange peel, natural eucalyptus oils, natural orange oil.

(From David's Tea: Cold 911)


Steph's Thoughts:
This is my go-to tea for winter (and also those pesky summer colds!). This past winter, I survived on nothing BUT Cold 911. Since I love peppermint tea, this is a perfect winter tea. And with the Eucalyptus oils in it, it clears up my sinuses. Not quite like wasabi, but who would want to drink wasabi tea?? OUCH! It does smell a little bit like Vicks Vaporub, but when you get past that, it's really quite a lovely tea. Also, when you're sick, that's EXACTLY what you want!

If you drink it warm, it's soothing. The Hubby also recommends it. Now, coming from me, "ZOMG PEPPERMINT TEA!" is nothing new. Coming from the HUBBY, now that's a different story. He isn't too keen on peppermint tea. This, however, has been his go-to tea for the last week. You see, he had dental surgery, which is causing him a great deal of pain. And since he's not one to dose up on painkillers, he turns to tea. (See why I married him??!) He says that Cold 911 soothes his aching jaw and relieves some of the pressure he feels on his sinuses. Last winter, he made fun of me for drinking a cup of Cold 911 every day. He apologized this weekend, realizing the errors of his ways. He's now a convert. (hee hee!) It smells great, and it tastes great, and it makes you feel better. What more could you ask for in a tea? It's also a great stomach soother. For those of you with finicky tummies, this is one of the ones I'd recommend. David's Tea has a few others as well. (Reviews pending!)

This week, though, I discovered the joy of Iced Cold 911, purely by accident. I brewed myself a cup of tea, hot, and then promptly forgot about it. Doctor Who really was that enthralling. Anyway, by the time I'd come back to Earth and remembered that I'd made tea, it was cold. Rather than nuking it (nuked tea is really kind of disgusting), I decided just to drink it cold. It was pretty fabulous. Refreshing, I think the word would be. It's the kind of tea that you would make into tea-sicles for those really hot summer days when the heat is so oppressive you can barely breathe. It's the kind of tea that you would drink after spending an hour in the garden and needed SOMETHING to cool you off. It's the kind of tea that (were you so inclined) you would put in the mist bottle beside your tanning chair outside. (apparently, you can do that. Huh. Who knew!)

So, hot or iced, this is definitely a win.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this! I am coming down with a nasty cold, spread by co-workers that refuse to stay home when sick. I am hopeful that this will help ease me through. A great, solid review. :o)

    ReplyDelete