Wednesday 29 August 2012

Today's Tea: Gold Rush

Organic Gold Rush from David's Tea


Description: Mulberries are a pretty precious fruit, so you don’t find them in tea very often. After all, mulberry trees are usually reserved for silk making, as they’re the only thing silkworms will eat. No wonder – they’re naturally sweet and rich, with an almost caramel-like flavour. In a word, decadent. Here we pair golden mulberries with creamy coconut and delicate white tea, for a tea that is guaranteed to give you gold fever. Eureeka!

Ingredients: Organic: mulberries, coconut, white Silver Needle tea. With natural and organic flavouring.

(From David's Tea: Gold Rush)


Steph's Thoughts: 
At first, I was incredibly apprehensive about this tea, as it contains coconut. My experience with coconut in tea has been pretty ... unsatisfactory to this point. So I'm sure you can understand my hesitation.

However, I was pleasantly surprised. This tea has a very, very light flavour, and you can't taste the coconut at all. My first thought upon tasting it was, "hey, it tastes like one of those white freezies I used to eat as a kid." Except without all the teeth-rotting sweetness. This tea has the "grown up" kind of sweetness.

I find it very light, with an initial "barely there" flavour, but there's the sweetness. And then the flavour creeps up on you, but not in a bad way. I think connoisseurs would call it subtle. Either way, it's a nice refreshing afternoon tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment