Wednesday 8 January 2014

Today's Tea: Chai on Life

Chai on Life from DAVIDsTEA


Description: What do you reach for when you need a little pick-me-up? Maybe you go for something sweet and satisfying. Or perhaps you prefer the feel-good glow of something super healthy. Lucky for you, this lemongrass-spiked white tea is the best of both worlds. It’s a uniquely fresh and delicate chai, filled with traditional warming spices from Ayurvedic medicine, like cinnamon, cloves, ginger and black pepper. Sweet, smooth and refreshing, this blend is revitalizing, comforting and tasty to boot. (MK Kosher)


Ingredients: White tea, green tea, cinnamon, lemongrass, pineapple, pink peppercorn, coconut chips, ginger black pepper, cloves, cardamom. With natural flavouring

Allergens: Coconut

Caffeine: 1 (Low caffeine)

Brewing Instructions: 1.25 tsp     84°C/183°F 6-7 min

(from DAVIDsTEA: Chai on Life)


Steph's Thoughts:

Chai on Life is the January tea of the month. I was excited about having a new chai, but was not quite sure about the lemongrass.

My Fabulous TeaGuide said that it's like Exotica, except mellower and with actual TEA in. They have many similar ingredients, only Exotica is an herbal tea, but Chai on Life is a white tea (well, technically a white/green mix).

The first smell was heaven. It smells like fresh cinnamon bark (which is SO DIFFERENT than the ground cinnamon you get in the store. That stuff's crap.), slightly cardamom-y, but not overwhelmingly so. It's a very soothing, happy chai smell. Nom nom chai.

I was a little worried about the lemongrass, but it's not overwhelming at all. In the cup that I tried, I could barely taste the lemongrass, but I know that it's adding vital flavour.
It's a nice smooth chai, mellower in flavour than regular chai, and lacking the slightly bitter aftertaste. The chai spices are very present, but again, not overwhelming. I would say the dominant flavour is cinnamon, but again - the good stuff, rather than the cheap powdered stuff. (The good stuff is SO MUCH BETTER!!!!)

 I could see this pairing very well with some milk.

I have such a hard time expressing myself with this tea, because all I can think is yum yum yum yum yum yum happy tea.

Verdict: I say again, NOM NOM CHAI. (that means it's yummy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment