Friday 3 January 2014

Today's Tea: Mango Lassi

Mango Lassi from DAVIDsTEA


Description: If you’re a lover of Indian food, chances are you’ve had a taste of a Mango Lassi. If not, it’s time you got acquainted. It’s a deliciously creamy blend of fresh mango, yogurt and a hint of rosewater – just about the coolest, most satisfying drink around. And this rich, fruity blend is our homage to the classic. It blends sweet, succulent mango with creamy vanilla and a floral hint of honey-kissed Egyptian chamomile. Our advice? Try it as an iced latte…or blend it into your next smoothie. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Mango, chamomile, orange peel, vanilla bean, vanilla extract, natural and artificial mango flavouring, natural cream flavouring

Caffeine: 0 (caffeine free)

How to Brew: 1.25 tsp       96°C/205°F        5-7 min

(From DAVIDsTEA: Mango Lassi)


Steph's Thoughts:
 I stopped by DAVIDsTEA today because a) I wanted to pick up a few teas and a cupboard organizer, and b) it's my birthday, and c) .... TEA (do you really have to ask why??).

DT is awesome in that they let you pick a cup of tea for free on your birthday.

I've tried Mango Lassi before, but I kind of let it go bad in my Timolino. I was SAVING IT because it was so good and then.... I saved it too long.
Note to self: Don't save the tea. DRINK IT.

Anyway. Mango Lassi is a really nice, light tea, even though it says it has "cream" in it. I found out that a lassi is a drink with yogurt, water, spices, and sometimes fruit.

The flavour of this particular tea is like the taste of a nice, ripe mango, which you don't often get from other teas. There's a HINT of mango in other teas, but this one tastes like biting into fresh fruit. The chamomile comes through, but it complements the mango quite nicely, as does the vanilla. It seems like there's a lot of vanilla in the tea when you look at the ingredients, but I find that it is not at all overwhelming.

I find that it tastes just fine hot or iced. I also find that it tastes just fine when left to steep, rather than removing the bag after 5-7 minutes.

Verdict: Pretty awesome.

1 comment:

  1. I love Mango Lassi! If you let it steep for about 10 minutes and add milk it's decadent!

    ReplyDelete