Friday 7 September 2012

Today's Tea: Banana Nut Bread

Banana Nut Bread from David's Tea



Description: Like all amazing recipes, this one took years to perfect – and it was totally worth the wait. This tea miraculously captures the flavour of freshly-baked banana bread. The taste of real banana slices blends perfectly with almonds and the sweetness of dates and currants. It’s fragrant, with all the warmth of a loaf hot from the oven. As deliciously comforting as mama’s special recipe, but without the calories.

Ingredients: Dates, currants, almonds, banana pieces and slices, artificial flavouring.

Allergens: tree nuts

(From David's Tea: Banana Nut Bread)


Steph's Thoughts:

Here's another tea that came out of left field to knock me into OMG YUM territory. (I don't know why I keep doing this, because David's Tea CONSTANTLY proves me wrong!) I love bananas. I love banana chips. I like banana chocolate chip muffins (or cake). I think ANYTHING ELSE containing bananas is disgusting.

Except this tea. You know why? BECAUSE IT'S NOT SIMULATED BANANA! There are real banana pieces in here. (Trust me, I know. The first thing I did upon opening the package was begin eating the tea. I am not normal, people.) And mixed with all the other stuff, it actually tastes like banana bread. Normally I don't like nuts in my banana bread, but seeing as it's almonds, not walnuts, and it's in liquid form, I'll forgive DT for this oversight. *sticks out tongue*

It looks very weak upon brewing, but it certainly doesn't taste that way. When you smell it, it's got all the fresh-baked banana loaf goodness, and the smell lingers. It's not a bad smell. It's a homey smell. It's an "I'm going to Grandma's house and we're going to have lots and lots of yummy food and YAY I'M LOVED!" smell. At least, that's what it is for me, even though my grandmother rarely baked banana bread. But I think zwieback flavoured tea would be kinda gross. It's the sentiment behind the thing, though. And the sentiment behind this thing is love and om nom nom nom nom.

I really do love the flavour, and I think it's because it's authentic banana rather than chemical banana. Chemical banana is disgusting (think penicillin in child-friendly format). This is not that. I love the fact that David's Tea is a company that really does make you go "Dude, I was so wrong, this is exactly the opposite of bad!." My initial thought of banana tea was "ew what? Bananas in tea? Ew!" I have been proven very, very, very wrong.


Verdict: Another win. (seriously, how do these people keep doing this??)

No comments:

Post a Comment