Thursday 6 September 2012

Today's Tea: Chocolate Rocket


Chocolate Rocket from David's Tea



Description: Need a boost? Try this tea. First you'll experience a pure, sweet hit of chocolate. Then you’ll find yourself awash in the freshness of raspberries. Followed by the richness of almonds and chicory. And then, bang, you'll realize you've been infused with roasted Brazilian maté. How will you know? It's what's giving you all that crazy energy. Just fly with it.

Ingredients: Roasted Yerba maté (Brasil), cocoa, almonds, roasted chicory root, raspberries, natural and artificial flavouring.

Allergens: Tree nuts

(From David's Tea: Chocolate Rocket)


Steph's Thoughts:
I fell in love with this tea from the first smell. Normally I'm put off a bit by nuts, but the almonds just enhance the flavour. I mean, who can't love raspberries and chocolate?? 


This isn't the first time I've had this tea. This has become a favourite of mine. Usually I drink this tea with sweetener in it, but today I opted to drink it black. It was (obviously) less sweet than I'm used to, but the aftertaste was amazing. Definitely raspberries and chocolate, but not overwhelmingly so. I think I would add a little bit of sweetener, as it's a little on the bitter side. Don't get me wrong, it's not BAD. Just the opposite, in fact. But in this case, sweetness enhances the flavour, not detracts from it. But like I've said, to each their own.

This is a comfort tea. When I don't know what to drink but want something yummy, this is what I pull out. It tastes amazing hot or cold, though cold it requires a bit more sweetener.

Drinking it without sweetener, the initial sips are tangy and tart, but then the aftertaste is like.... chocolate covered roasted almonds with raspberry in. Like those really expensive 70% cocoa chocolate bars with the raspberry chunks...... But it's considerably lower in calories than a chocolate bar, with all of the flavour. Win? I think so.


1 comment: