Tuesday 17 June 2014

Today's Tea: Kiwi's Big Adventure

Kiwi's Big Adventure from DAVIDsTEA


Description: There’s something about a kiwi fruit that just makes us smile. It could be their cute round shape, or their fuzzy skin, or their bright green colour. But we think the best thing about a kiwi is the taste – like a cross between a peach and a melon, only better. So it goes without saying that this kiwi-spiked green tea is a real treat. From the second the aroma hits you, you know you’re in for something special. Sweet, fruity, tart and lively, it’s an adventure you won’t soon forget.

Ingredients: Green tea, apple, kiwi, lemongrass, lemon peel, artificial flavouring

Caffeine: 1 (low caffeine)

Brewing Instructions: 1.25 tsp    85°C/185°F 2-3 min

(From DAVIDsTEA: Kiwi's Big Adventure)

Steph's Thoughts:
So in lieu of being able to take my dad out on Father's Day, I took my dad out for tea today. It was his first time in DAVIDsTEA, and he found some teas that he was willing to try (YAY!). And I decided to try Kiwi's Big Adventure.

I asked Andrea, the TeaGuide on duty, if this iced well. She said that it did, and that it's not a strong tea. So if you want a nice light, fruity iced tea, this is your tea.

It is a green tea, so be ready for a Green flavour. I didn't think it tasted like kiwi, more like a really light honeydew melon. Although I suppose honeydew and kiwi kind of taste similar?? In this particular cup, the apple came through - it tastes like they used granny smith! It's the lightness without the "ZOMG TART"-ness of Granny Smith apples, though. It steeps a very nice pale clear yellow colour, almost like a white tea. It does have a good flavour, though. It's not as robust as a black tea, but still flavourful. It's like comparing meringue to whipped cream. Both have their  benefits and their respective corresponding pies. But you're not gonna put meringue on a pumpkin pie. But apparently you can put whipped cream on meringue. So maybe that wasn't the best analogy. But do you get what I'm saying?

It makes a nice light cup of tea on a hot day. Alas, today is kind of overcast so HOT tea would have been better today.

It's not my favourite because of the "green tea" flavour, and it's a little lighter than I would have liked for today. Don't get me wrong, it's still a good tea. Just... not quite right for today. If it had been, like, 40 Celsius and humid, I might be absolutely raving about this tea. I'll try again on a different day.

But cold tea is better than no tea. :P

Verdict: Not my favourite, but definitely good.

No comments:

Post a Comment