Sunday 13 January 2013

Today's Tea (It's not actually tea, but it is AMAZING!)

So the title is a little misleading.

I went grocery shopping the other day and found THIS in the cheese section. And REALLY, how could I NOT pick it up??


If you are not a fan of chai, or if you don't like adventure, then it's not for you.

BUT HOLY CRAP IS THIS THE BEST THING EVER!!!!!!!!!

The description of the cheese is thus:
"Our Chai Tea Cheese is a distinctive and incredible mixture of spicy cinnamon and our award winning Monterey Jack.  Ideal as both an appetizer or dessert offering as well as a great addition to any salad."

(from Bothwell Cheese: Chai Tea Cheese)

My first bite was wonderful. So I had to take more. There's a distinct flavour of cinnamon and a hint of star anise, and it's creamy like cheese....

Whoa- brainwave. This tea tastes like cinnamon buns with cream cheese icing, except without all the crazy calories and the dough which may or may not be cooked all the way (...long story...)! And you could, like, put it in a salad with a sweet dressing, or bake it into phyllo pastry with apples in..... OH MAN. It is EPIC.

And the best part is? It is locally Manitoban. The milk comes from cows in the Southern Manitoba area, and the cheese is made RIGHT HERE AT HOME by people (with cheese degrees, apparently) who live in Manitoba.... I love it. I really, really do love it. So I mean, I don't know if anywhere else in the world gets Bothwell cheese, but if you do, GO OUT AND GET SOME LIKE RIGHT NOW. They have other flavours too if you don't like tea, but this is a tea blog, so I am posting about the tea cheese.

Verdict: CHEESE WIN!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment