Saturday 19 January 2013

Today's Tea: Sweet Strawberry

Sweet Strawberry from DAVIDsTEA


Description: There are hundreds of reasons to love strawberries, but our favourite comes from Bavaria. Every spring, they tie small baskets of strawberries to the horns of their cattle to attract berry-loving elves. Legend has it, with the elves on your side you’re sure to have an abundant year. So when you enjoy a pot of this sweet, berry-laced tea, try leaving a cup on your doorstep. You never know what your neighbourhood elves will leave in return. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: White tea, strawberries, rosehips, white Silver Needles, hibiscus, stevia, natural flavouring

How to Brew: 1.5 tsp 92°C/198°F 4-6 min

(From DAVIDsTEA: Sweet Strawberry)


Steph's Thoughts: 

(This post was originally written in December, but I drafted it and waited for a day where I didn't have a post but still wanted to share.)

Lovely strawberry tea. I love the perfect blend of white tea and strawberries.

I also think that it tastes like Pembina Plums, a variety of plum that grows in the Pembina Valley in Southern Manitoba. Hubby says it smells like his childhood home, which makes him very nostalgic, and now he craves fruit from his parents' fruit trees at home. Which is, sadly, an impossible wish to fulfill, since it is the beginning of December, and everything is covered in a few feet of snow. I don't know of any fruit trees that grow fruit in December in Southern Manitoba. If you do, HOOK ME UP! (also, I've been informed that the trees that have borne the fruit on which he was raised have since died of old age. Alas, the trees are no more. *sadface*)

Originally, this was hubby's cup of tea, but I stole it and loved it so much I reviewed it so I could spread my love of this tea to others. I hope they love it as much as I do!!

Verdict: TEA WIN!


No comments:

Post a Comment