Wednesday 29 January 2014

Today's Tea: Mint To Be

Organic Mint To Be from DAVIDsTEA


Description: It’s no secret that some of our best ideas come from our customers. So when you guys asked David for a minty black tea, he knew he had to deliver. He took a rich base of black tea and cool peppermint, and added a creamy hint of coconut. To top it all off, he asked our customers to help him name it. We got tons of amazing name ideas, then everyone voted for their fave. We hope you all love the result as much as we do. Trust us – you and this tea are simply mint to be together.

Ingredients: Organic black tea, peppermint, blue cornflower petals, coconut flakes. With natural flavoring.

Allergens: Coconut

Caffeine: 2 (Medium Caffeine)

Brewing Instructions: 1.25 tsp     96°C/205°F 4-7 min

(from DAVIDsTEA: Mint To Be)

Steph's Thoughts:
So, I've tried to go into DT several times in the last little while to get a cup of this. However, many things have thwarted my attempts. But today was the day. It was .. hahaha, mint to be.

The dry leaf notes call to mind Read My Lips, which is a black tea with chocolate and mint.

The steeped tea tastes very much of chocolate and mint. It is mintier than Read My Lips, and not quite as bitter. I can't taste the coconut as much. The cornflower petals just add beauty to the tea; I don't know how much flavour they add. But this is REALLY pretty tea. (See picture above!)

It starts to get bitter about the 1 hour mark, so I would recommend keeping the steep time lower. Although, to be fair, most people drink tea well before their tea sits for over an hour so..... (I had things occupying my time and attention. Please don't begrudge me for taking my time!)

The peppermint is very refreshing. I like that it makes my mouth feel clean. And the added chocolate is just a yummy bonus!

Verdict: Thumbs up!! Get this in your mouth.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Steph! I just found your blog! Very neat! I love it!
    I noticed most of your teas that you drink are from David's Tea.... and I was wondering if you have ever tried Loose Leaf Teas from "Steeped Tea"? I have a website you can feel free to check out and if you would like to order some, there is an online shop:
    http://www.mysteepedtea.com/shop/preshop.aspx
    If you have any questions at all I would love to be of assistance to you!
    I look forward to reading your reviews on our tea blends! They are absolutely fabulous!
    Chat soon,
    Christa
    https://www.facebook.com/steepedteawithchrista

    ReplyDelete