Monday 11 March 2013

Today's Tea: Paradise Found

Paradise Found from DAVIDsTEA


Description: Ever hear about the tea utopia hidden deep in the jungle? Word is, it’s a pretty enchanted place. People say the hibiscus is always in full bloom, the oranges and mangoes are perfectly ripe, and the subtle scent of cornflower and safflower petals hangs in the air. How can you find this earthly paradise? It’s as easy as steeping a cup. One sip of this fruity black and green tea blend will take you right there.

Ingredients: Hibiscus, apple, black tea, green tea, orange peel, safflower, cornflower, candied mango, artificial flavouring

How to Brew: 1.25 tsp 98°C/208°F 4-7 min

(From DAVIDsTEA: Paradise Found)

Steph's Thoughts

I steeped this in my new glass mug, so when I poured the water in, I got to watch as the tea swirled down into the clear water.

I was impressed by the colour of the dry leaves - white, red blossoms, blue blossoms, orange.... black tea, it's very colourful!

First sip: Very ZINGY! It's the hibiscus, I think. it adds quite a zing to tea. I might use this as a wake-up tea. It doesn't need any sugar, either. It's sweet enough without it.

The mango doesn't come through as much as I'd like it to. I would really like to taste more mango than hibiscus.

Also, the taste is far less zingy when paired with food. I had pasta with tomato sauce, and that seemed to calm the zing (I can't think of another word for the flavour!), though after a few sips, it ramped up again. It's not necessarily a bad thing. It's a nice fruity tea, which reminds me very much of a Hawaiian lei with mangoes in my mouth!

I will admit, this isn't my most favourite fruity tea. I'd say more mango, less hibiscus. But other than that, it's pretty decent!

Verdict: Decent.

No comments:

Post a Comment